Welcome to The Bio Booth!



Welcome to The Bio Booth! 

Hello everyone, and welcome to The Bio Booth! My name is Cassia, and I am a recent graduate with a BSc in Biological Sciences who wanted to share my love of Biology with the world. I’ve loved science since I was a child, and when people used to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say, “I want to be a meteorologist!”. While I didn’t end up pursuing meteorology, I never lost my love of science. My passion for learning, combined with my education in Biology has inspired me to create The Bio Booth. My goal is to create a fun, safe, and accessible learning space where anyone can learn more about the study of life. I’ll also include additional sources and downloadable resources to support the topics being discussed.  


What We’ll Cover 

Biology is an incredibly diverse field, with many different areas of focus. There are over 25 main areas of focus within Biology, each with its own subtopics and subspecialities. At The Bio Booth, we’ll cover many of these areas, including (but not limited to) Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Ecology, Zoology, and Paleobiology. Within each focus area, we’ll explore more specific topics and try to cover as much of each subject as possible. There will also be plenty of opportunities for you to share your input and let me know what topics you’d like to see covered on The Bio Booth. 


Our Mission

I have always enjoyed learning, and I believe that the knowledge we have is worth sharing with others. The Bio Booth was built around this personal philosophy. While I enjoy Biology very much, it hasn’t always come easy to me. Throughout my undergraduate degree, there were moments where I felt like I would never be able to grasp a particular concept. I know I’m not the only person who has experienced that feeling while studying Biology. From my own experience, I know that when someone struggles to understand something, it can be easy to feel frustrated and decide to never revisit that topic again. I didn’t want this to be the case with Biology. I want as many people to be able to enjoy the field in their own way, while having the knowledge and resources they need to continue learning. Through my own experience, and from observing the struggles of others, I wanted to create a space where Biology concepts could be explained in a way that feels approachable and easy to understand. That’s where The Bio Booth comes in.


The mission of The Bio Booth is to create a fun and accessible space where people can learn about Biology while being equipped with the tools and resources they need to continue exploring the subject on their own.  


What to Expect

You can expect regularly scheduled blog posts covering a variety of Biology topics. These topics will also be adapted into content for The Bio Booth’s social media accounts, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest. You can also expect additional resources to support your exploration of  Biology, which will be available through Gumroad and Teachers Pay Teachers. And, of course, I want to hear from you! There will be opportunities to share what you’d like to see taught in The Bio Booth and suggest topics you’d like to explore. 


Let’s get learning! 


Additional Links 

YouTube

Instagram

TikTok

Pinterest 

Gumroad 

Teachers Pay Teachers 

Facebook

What would you like to learn? (Survey)


Up Next…. 

An Overview of Biology 





Comments